Did you know it’s Mental Illness Awareness Week? Or that tomorrow, October 6, is National Depression Screening Day? Each year, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) works to overcome stigma and provide education and support for those living with mental illnesses.
Whether you’re living with mental illness, know someone who is, or just want to do your part to help change the way the world sees mental health, get involved by taking the #StigmaFree pledge.
But first, check out this roundup of stories, study results, and more from the past year — all inspired by members from PatientsLikeMe’s mental health community:
- Treating PTS: What members said in a recent study
- “I am working on all of it slowly” — Member David opens up about his experience with PTS
- The highs and lows of bipolar disorder
- Touched with fire: Harnessing the fire of bipolar
- Touched with fire: Reframing the dialogue of bipolar
- Compassion for All: Overcoming the Stigma of Mental Illness
- “It is definitely a daily challenge” — An interview with PTS member Holden
- World Bipolar Day 2016 – Share how you’re #MoreThanADiagnosis
Share this post on Twitter and help spread the word.