Since it’s still Mental Illness Awareness Week, we thought we’d share some facts on bipolar disorders, found in this dynamic infographic. Read our previous post for more information on how to get involved during this year’s awareness week – and all year long.
Did you know bipolar disorder is a worldwide condition?
- In Australia there are around 238,957 people with bipolar disorder.
- In the UK: 723,248 people.
- Germany: 989,095
- Canada: 390,094
- Iran: 810,038
- India and China, each have 12 – 15 million people who are bipolar
By the numbers…
- 5.7 million: number of adult Americans affected by bipolar disorder (or 2.6% of population) today
- 25: average age for beginning of bipolar disorder
- 50/50: men and women get bipolar equally
- 3X: But women are 3 times more likely to experience rapid cycling with B.D.
- 6: Bipolar disorder is 6th leading cause of disability in the world.
Share this post on Twitter and help spread the word.