Wheelchairs aren’t always built with the best patient experience in mind. But many PatientsLikeMe members are sharing about the creative hacks and useful accessories they’ve used to make their wheelchairs better suit their needs. Here are some suggestions — how many have you tried?
Making it more comfortable:
- Egg crate cushions, it’s really important to get a good quality cushion, you could even have a read of this cushions buying guide to help you find the perfect one!
- ROHO cushion (or on Amazon)
- Jay 2 Combi cushion: One member says “…it has done the job so far – I’ve never had a pressure sore in all the years.”
- Heated seat cushions
- Neck braces like the Miami J Collar (and others) can help with neck weakness
Making life easier:
- A cup holder clamp (see this how-to video)
- A Drink-Aide water bottle for hands-free drinking
- An armrest bag to keep things handy
- Threshold ramps can make it easier to maneuver your wheelchair between rooms
- Tablet clamps like this one from Octa
How have you modified your wheelchair? Are there helpful modifications or products you recommend? Join the community today to talk about topics like this with patients like you!
Share this post on Twitter and help spread the word.