With more than 82,000 patients on PatientsLikeMe, there’s a lot of information being shared with one another. Last month, we highlighted how your sharing affects the experience of many on our site (One For All series).
Today, we continue that theme by taking a look at information being shared across all of our communities that many of you may have in common. Can you guess how many of you are on similar treatments or experiencing similar symptoms even though you are in different communities? Read on to find out.
DID YOU KNOW…
- Of the members who have reported their age, more than 8,000 of our of you have indicated you’re under 30-years old and more than 12,000 are 55-years old or older.
- Approximately 31% (or 27,013) of patient members across all communities experience depression.
How are you treating your condition?
- You report using more than 4,500 treatments for your conditions, including prescription drugs, supplements, over-the-counter medications, medical devices, life-style modifications, therapies, etc.
- One of the top lifestyle modifications reported by our members is heat avoidance; and physical exercise is the #1 exercise cited.
- The most widely used prescription drugs reported across communities include Gabapentin (Neurontin), Glatiramer acetate (Copaxone) and Duloxetine (Cymbalta).
- The top 3 supplements reported by all patients are Vitamin D, Omega 3 Fish Oil and Multivitamins.
What are your major symptoms?
- The 5 most common primary symptoms reported include fatigue, anxious mood, depressed mood, pain and brain fog.
What are you talking about?
- Some of most frequently “tagged” topics in the forum include research, symptoms (e.g., pain), SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance), coping strategies and side effects.
A special thank you to all of our members for continuing to share your data and experiences to help others just like you.